Sunday, April 6, 2008

a deluxe apartment in the sky...

...well actually a house by the Lafayette River. We'll be moved in the next month to our new pad which is maybe about 3/4 of a mile from our current digs. I am fired up 'bout it, but the packing and schlepping are never that fun. The new place has a really huge garage, a point that was important to us with all the bikes, tools and parts we have. I have enjoyed the house that we have called home for nearly two years, but I will be glad to be in our own place with everything brand new. We'll be settled in long before our new family member arrives in September which is a big plus for my wife, her comfort and my peace o' mind.

Speaking of keeping my sanity, the weather here lately has been typical of SE Virginia springtime with plenty of rain and wildly varying temperatures. I have not been out to ride any off road in a couple of weeks due to sloppy conditions and my berserk schedule. I am gonna try to make up for that this week and get back out to Ipswich after work and perhaps the rescheduled EVMA 1st annual Mountain bike festival that was moved to this coming Saturday due to the aforementioned shitty weather which is threatening to screw it up again. I have had only one real ride since I put new Avid Code 5 brakes on my bike and I am itching to go heat them up again. Their performance was very impressive, tons of power, smooth modulation and pleasantly quiet. I may eventually put the Dangerboy levers I had on my old Juicy's, but the standard levers are pretty dang comfortable. I am definitely jonesin' for a good ride; I have read the latest issues of Dirt Rag, Bike and Decline cover to cover. I love riding to work however even taking circuitous routes does not scratch that itch. I know, I know; patience grasshopper. "Time for you to leave."

No comments: