Wednesday, June 4, 2008

My "punk" pages

Yet another old crazy jew hit it right on head in summing up how I view these couple of nuggets that were recently sent to me.
Thats me on the far right hunched over my guitar some twenty-three years ago. I am kinda psyched seeing this not only for nostalgic reasons, but the crowd seem to dig it and we actually sounded pretty solid and thunderous for barely knowing how to play our instruments. Classic sounding metallic hardcore punk that was being pedaled around the US in 100's of shitty venues by 1000's of similar bands. I'm younger than that now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey, not bad. and you're right-- you guys could have held your own with anyone in the local venues, and were better than most.

another dylan (thomas) had something to say as well.
"Across the fields of yesterday he sometimes comes to me.
"A little boy just back from play- the lad I used to be."

that is quite possibly paraphrased.

in other news, have you picked out names yet? i forgot to ask Deb if she gave the okay for Elvis Raymond Epstein. i like it. i think it has a nice ring.

hellbelly said...

Thanx; another thing that cracks me up is that I only had been playing gtr for just over a year. We've a name, but it is top secret to any inter-family ire.