Friday, February 29, 2008

Random acts of beauty and insanity...


Oh my pretty... One of the hot new rigs that people are hootin about on various forums and yonder is the new Blur LT from one of my fave bike companies Santa Cruz. There is a very cool write up on nsmb.com about the behind the scenes development of the bike and its prototypes. My pal Bobasaki (rockin' his Mustang below) bought the original Blur LT last year and it is a smoking ride. The new one is something I might consider even though it has less travel than what I am running now. Those VPP's sure do ride nice though and the geometry is almost identical to my beloved Heckle-beast. The new BLT's shape is very similar to the Nomad which my pal Mike rides and swears by. The Nomads I have rode all felt a bit too stretched out for me since the coresponding size has a longer top tube, wheel base, and slacker head angle. If I was going to hook up with one it would not be for awhile and I would likely buy the whole bike as opposed to cannibalizing parts off of something else. The closest SC dealer is in Richmond so I would either buy online or sweet-talk my lbs into hooking up an order. We'll see. I am going to ride tomorrow w/ the EVMA for the Sunday morning group ride up in Williamsburg. Despite my lust over the new BLT its highly likely one ride aboard Heckle-beast will dissuade me from such impure thoughts. Its hard to argue with a rig that has held up to my endless abuse for nearly three years, has never held me back from any kind craziness I attempted and always felt dialed throught multiple component and suspension changes. Its always looked bitchin' in flat black too.

Another black thing I have always been drawn to is Black Sabbath. They are currently revisiting their "Dio" days a period for which I was not a fan of 'cept maybe the title track to Mob Rules but I digress. One of my very first albums (not counting assorted Disney story records) was Paranoid. No matter how important, influential or whatever anything is you can't take anything too seriously. I nearly pee-ed myself when I saw this ultra-sweet Cindy and Bert video. Whats up with the dog? Check out the blistering original first then put on yr dancing shoes for Cindy and Bert's version.





1000 Homo DJ's did a cool dance remix of the song "Supernaut" a few years ago, but this takes the cake. Now lets ride.

2 comments:

Brian Kunz said...

I would love to see you paint a new BLT flat black!

Brian Kunz said...

You could call it "BLT hold the Mayo"