Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy "Nu?" year

I know I am little late to the party as I believe this hit last summer, but a damn great tune and a great video. Kinda sweet and sick don'tcha think?


WARNING: SOME ANTI-CHRISTMAS SENTIMENT AHEAD


I did not observe, celebrate or really give a damn about Christmas this year. In the past it was always the day everyone was home from school or off work which made it a nice convenient day to exchange gifts and have brunch, but with no religious significance. Once again, it was a nice day off work but that was all. My mom-in-law who was staying with us since before Sam's arrival and whom is sorely missed flew back home and other than that nothing really remarkable occurred. Otherwise, we stopped at the one local Starbucks that was open and took a nice stroll around the neighborhood. This year we lit Chanukah candles almost every night, said the blessing, and gave lil' gifts. You know what? It was pretty nice, warm and relaxing. We had a small shindig here on X-mas eve, but it was all traditional Jew food such as brisket (would make you cry), fruit jello mold and potato latkes that ruled. I don't feel like we missed out on anything and we took some sweet photos of Sam watching us lighting the Chanukah candles. I guess it was nice not to feel like I had to be apart of any of the Christmas hoo-haa and instead stick with my roots.

I went on two cool rides this week. First I did a solo night ride over at Ipswich park that was similar to what I discussed here. The only real differences were the temperature (it was notably colder) and the mud (there was a lot). Night riding there is just too much fun and I hope to drag someone else out there with me soon. Today for New Years I did a group ride up at Freedom park and met up with a couple guys from Richmond. We hung back from the bulk of the group and played on the obstacles. I was pleased to hear my Richmond cohorts raving over and over about how awesome the trail is throughout the ride. The building of the larger and more challenging lines has finally brought out riders on bigger bikes including 2 other Nomad riders. A great way to begin 2009; happy nu year.

No comments: