Sunday, January 6, 2008

Welcome y'all!

So here it goes. I will write about bikes, music, work whatever. Its my damn blog so there. Feel free to stop by say howdy, send love or hate and anything in between.

I just got in from doing a few rounds over at the only trails on the Toadwater south side collectively known as Ipswitch. Although the actual trails are in Indian River Park they have been known as "Ipswitch" forever since the sign for the surrounding neighborhood subdivision is at the main trail head. I probably first rode the 'Switch nearly twenty years ago sometime around the end of college or just
as I finished. The trails have not changed all that much as a whole, however every time I ride there, which is like maybe once a month I find something new added. Read all about it here: http://trails.mtbr.com/cat/united-states-trails/trails-virginia/trail/PRD_170767_4585crx.aspx Today Bobasaki and myself really grooved on several way cool bridge sections that have been added on the west side of the park. These are in the vein of most elevated sections that were made popular originally on the North Shore of Vancouver, BC over ten years ago and have become routine additions on trails world wide. I spoke to the cat who put them up and thanked him profusely for his efforts. Maybe I will make an attempt to help out. This could be interesting as like most of those of my heritage I am not so terrific with tools. We'll see.

4 comments:

Lee said...

Sweet! What I could give to ride loam ...

-- leelikesbikes in Boulder, Colorado

Lee said...

oops. would, not could ...

Bobby Parker said...

you're good with a bike and dental tools - yeah i forgot to thank the guy but the ride was cool

Anonymous said...

seems like five hairs are out of place.